MALASEB medicated foam by Dermcare.
- Miconazole nitrate 20g/L, chlorhexidine gluconate 20g/L
- Antifungal effect against Malassezia, and a potent activity against bacteria. Chlorhexidine has a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, yeasts, moulds and fungi.
- A natural Keratolytic without drying the skin.
- Removes damaged lipids without stripping the coat or skin, helping to normalise the skin’s microenvironment.
- Treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis associated with Staphylococcus intermedius and Malassezia; aids in the treatment of ringworm in dogs and cats.
Directions for use
- Wet the animal thoroughly with clean water.
- Apply the foam to the animal at several points and massage into the coat.
- A sponge assists lathering and penetration of the coat.
- Ensure that Malaseb is applied around the lips, under the tail and between the toes as these areas harbour causative organisms.
- Allow to stand for ten minutes, then rinse off with clean water.
- Repeat twice weekly until symptoms abate then use weekly, or on veterinay advice.
- With ringworm all in-contact animals should be treated to limit infection spreading and environmental contamination.